EXCLUSIVELY SERVING THE HEALTH SERVICE EMPLOYEES AND THEIR FAMILIES IN THE GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA.
As a not-for-profit institution, LA Healthcare FCU is here to serve you and your community. We provide stronger savings rates and lower loan rates, all while delivering personalized service including the resources you’d expect from a full-service financial institution.
It is easy to become a member of LA Healthcare Federal Credit Union. LAHFCU is a financial cooperative serving employees and family members of California Hospital Medical Center, St. Vincent Medical Center and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital.
You are also eligible if you are a household member or family member (spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships) of a current LAHFCU member in good standing. A household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
Once you are a member, you can keep your membership even if you leave your employer hospital.
How to Join?
Download a membership application and mail the completed notorized application to the credit union. Mail the following items in addition to your completed membership application:
- Check for at least $50.00 payable to LAHFCU. $50.00 must stay in your Regular Shares at all times to keep your membership.
- A copy of your employee badge (if employed) or the name of the credit union member sponsoring your application for membership (if not employed).
- Two forms of identifications with at least one having a photograph. Acceptable identification includes driver license, passport, social security card, or military ID. This is in addition to your employee badge.
USA Patriot Act
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, in order to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license and other identifying documents. Therefore:
- Please have the following items/information handy: Driver’s license or state ID number, mother’s maiden name, Social Security number for you and any of your joint owners and co-borrowers, as well as the name, address, and Social Security number for your beneficiaries.
- Applicants must meet all requirements for membership in LAHFCU.
- Account opening subject to verification through a consumer reporting agency, third-party verification services, and Credit Union approval.