Embrace Energy Efficiency this Winter with LAHFCU!
As the crisp fall air settles in, reminding us that winter is on the horizon, the thought of heating costs might send shivers down your spine. Fear not! At LA Healthcare FCU, we’re committed to ensuring your financial security and happiness. Here are some effortless yet ingenious ways to slash your energy bills during the upcoming winter months:
Harness the Power of the Sun
- Open the curtains on your south-facing windows during the day to let the sunlight naturally warm your home.
- Close the curtains at night to reduce the chill from cold windows.
- Opt for the sun’s warmth over your thermostat to save money in the long run.
Illuminate Responsibly with LED Lights
- Trim down your holiday lighting costs by using energy-efficient LED string lights.
- Explore how LED lights can effectively brighten up your entire home without burning a hole in your pocket.
Smart Temperature Control
- Adjust your thermostat to the lowest comfortable setting when you’re at home and awake.
- Lower the temperature by 10 to 15 degrees when you’re asleep or away, saving you around 10 percent on heating and cooling bills.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat for stress-free temperature regulation.
Shed Light on Electricity Usage
- Turn off lights in unoccupied rooms to reduce lighting costs, which typically account for 25 percent of the average electric bill.
- Switch to energy-efficient LED or CFL bulbs for additional savings.
Unplug for Savings
- Did you know that approximately 75 percent of energy consumption comes from plugged-in home electronics?
- Save on your electric bill by unplugging devices when not in use, even seemingly small appliances like toasters and coffee makers.
This winter, let’s not just brace ourselves for the cold but also for the savings that come with energy efficient practices. Trust LAHFCU to be your partner in achieving financial well-being and a cozy home all season long!